Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Starting 2011 off Right

So the other evening I got the chance to do some awesome promo photos for the second release of my friend Buchanan Moncure's book of short stories, "This Was Supposed to be Simple" (buchananmoncure.net) And also for his publishing company's site lostandfoundfiction.net.

We decided to go with the color theme of his second book's cover, a light blue background with white paper cranes. Since Buchanan's living room walls are very similar to the color of the book, we decided to shoot it there. I asked our mutual friend, Stephanie Cole, to model for the shoot. Stephanie works at the local French Bakery, Amelie's, and always has a smile on her face.


Setting up lighting

I got the chance to use out my new lighting kit, which definitely came in handy. This is the first "studio" shoot I've done, since my last two were on location at Clark's Antiques and Century Vintage. The overall product was very similar to my original sketch, which made me feel great because I love bringing the ideas I have in my head to life. The following photos are a preview of what we came up with!




I definitely had a blast working on this set of photos, from beginning to finish. I'm having a lot of fun being the official photographer for Lost & Found, and I can't wait to see what our next collaboration will be. Stay posted, and be sure to check out http://www.lostandfoundfiction.net/ for more info on upcoming projects!


-Graham

1 comment:

  1. The bird set is some of my favorites that you've created. Hoping to see the housewives make it to your blog as well :D

    ReplyDelete